The kitchen is the most used space in every household. Everybody who loves a clean and smart kitchen must have heard of using sprayers in a kitchen faucet. Sprayers add many dimensions to the usage of the regular faucets.
Can you add a sprayer to a kitchen faucet?
Yes. Sprayers can be added to kitchen faucets. The easiest way to add a sprayer to a kitchen faucet is to attach it to the faucet head and adjust the bolts to place it securely. Fix the bearings properly and you are good to go. Make sure that the kitchen sink faucet can support the sprayer weight.
Table of Contents
Many kitchen faucets can support different kinds of sprayers. Side sprayer, pull-out sprayer, pull-down sprayer, commercial sprayer, aerator sprayer, etc., are the most common sprayers that are used widely.
How to add a sprayer to a kitchen faucet?
Adding a sprayer to a kitchen faucet is quite easy and economical. Because installing a new faucet with an inbuilt sprayer costs more money and energy.
A sprayer can be installed by following some pretty simple steps. The steps are explained below:
Get the tools:
At first, take the tools needed for the installation. A wrench, screwdriver, pliers, a brush, and a piece of cloth will be needed.
Select the desired sprayer:
Then choose the type of sprayer to be installed. Do it according to the need of the user.
Evacuate the working space:
Remove everything from under the sink to get enough working space.
Turn off the water supply:
Turn off the water supply to make sure there is no leakage of water during installation.
Unscrewing necessary bolts and assembling:
Unscrew the head of the faucet using a wrench or plier. Do not forget to use a piece of cloth on the faucet head to avoid scratches.
You will need a four-hole sink if you are installing a side sprayer to the faucet. The fourth hole will be needed for holding the side sprayer and connecting it with the main water line.
Check under the faucet for necessary connections:
Then look under the faucet for the connection of the sprayer to the main supply.
Wash the main faucet:
Make sure to clean the faucet. Use a brush to remove dirt from the water line before installing the sprayer. It will ensure the durability of the sprayer.
Fastening the bolts and installing the sprayer:
Connect the sprayer to the faucet. Then fasten the necessary bolts and connections. And now your kitchen faucet has a brand new sprayer.
A kitchen faucet is the most used equipment in a kitchen. As such, it gets wared out quickly as well. Adding a sprayer to the faucet will increase its durability and usage.
What are the benefits of adding sprayer to kitchen faucet?
Usually, the faucets used in a kitchen are fixed. Moreover, it only runs water in one flow. Also, normal faucets have an unaltered speed of the water.
Adding a sprayer to the faucet can meet these limitations. There are many benefits of adding a sprayer to a kitchen faucet. Some of them are mentioned below:
Facilitates scrubbing and cleaning of sink and edibles:
Sprayers ease the washing of fruits, vegetables, and other foods. Because of the flexible hose attached to the faucet sprayer and flow of water, it is easy to hold and function. Many sprayers can reach the corners of the sink directly and clean them effectively.
Covers more area or range of clean-up:
Some sprayers even have the mobility of 360 degrees. This enables to cover a wide range of space for clean-up.
The sprayers make the faucet last longer. They also enable the kitchen sink to endure heavy cleaning by easing the task of cleaning.
Less water usage:
Sprayers have the functionality of controlling the flow of water. Aerator sprayers can even lower the flow of water by adding air bubbles to it.
Single hand regulator and enhanced adjustability:
The flexible hose on the sprayers is easy to adjust. Moreover, one gets a hand for cleaning and the other for regulating the water flow.
Flexible for usage on various sinks:
Different types of sinks require and function with various kinds of sprayers.
Watering and filling:
Side sprayers, pull-out, or pull-down sprayers help a lot with watering small indoor plants and filling up water buckets more easily.
A lot of designable sprayers add artistic value to the kitchen and improves the way of life.
How to add side sprayer to kitchen faucet?
Normally there are two or three holes on a sink for a kitchen faucet. But for a side sprayer, you will need an extra hole to hold the sprayer.
Installation of the side sprayer is quite easy. You just have to follow the following steps:
- Step 1: Take an adjustable wrench or pliers and safety goggles.
- Step 2: Turn off the supply of water.
- Step 3: Introduce the hose guide and side spray inside the extra hole.
- Step 4: Then secure the hose guide to the sink using a plug and washer.
- Step 5: Connect the flexible line of the spray to the water diverter line.
- Step 6: Turn on the water supply. Look out for any leakages.
- Step7: Check the flow of water in the side sprayer
And this is how you add a side sprayer to a kitchen faucet.
How to add pull-out sprayer to kitchen faucet?
A pull-out sprayer works well for deep sinks. In this design, the flexible spigot turns into the sprayer. It can reach even the far ends of the sink.
A pull-out sprayer can be added to a kitchen faucet following some simple steps:
- Step 1: Take an adjustable wrench, screwdriver, and safety goggles.
- Step 2: Turn off the water supply of the faucet.
- Step 3: Disassemble the faucet parts for the installation of the sprayer. Use a wrench and screwdriver.
- Step 4: Incorporate the flexible hose of the pull-out sprayer into the faucet.
- Step 5: Now fasten the sprayer head to the neck of the faucet.
- Step 6: Assemble the faucet bearings along with the sprayer hose.
- Step 7: Fix the bearings from below the sink.
- Step 8: Check if there are any loose bearings. Tighten them, if any.
- Step 9: Turn on the water supply and check the flow of water in the sprayer.
And this is how you add a pull- out sprayer to a kitchen faucet.
How to add pull-down sprayer to kitchen faucet?
In a pull-down sprayer, the sprayer detaches from the spigot end of the faucet. It can be vertically pulled straight down.
A pull-down sprayer can be added to a kitchen faucet following some simple steps:
- Step 1: Take a wrench, Teflon tape, screwdriver, and safety goggles.
- Step 2: Turn off the water supply.
- Step 3: Use a Teflon tape to strap the ends of flexible lines.
- Step 4: Now slide the spray hose down the main bearing of the faucet.
- Step 5: Use a lock nut and washer to secure it from underneath the faucet sink.
- Step 6: Connect the flexible spray hose to the water supply. And the spray nozzle
- Step 7: Install a weight on the hose side that you are going to pull out from the faucet. Use a screwdriver.
- Step 8: Then secure the faucet and remove the spray head.
- Step 9: Turn on the water supply. Check the flow of water. And attach the spray head to the faucet.
Pull-down spring faucets are great for any home or commercial kitchen. Following these steps, you can easily add a pull-down sprayer to a kitchen faucet.
How to add commercial sprayer to kitchen faucet?
Commercial sprayers are used for heavy-duty tasks. It is not the ideal choice for residential use. Because it is used for larger sinks with innumerable functions.
The steps of installing a commercial sprayer to a kitchen faucet are:
- Step 1: Take a wrench, screwdriver, and safety goggles.
- Step 2: Turn off the supply of water.
- Step 3: Open up the bearings of the faucet from the sink.
- Step 4: Then remove the neck of the faucet and replace it with the commercial sprayer.
- Step 5: Insert the water supply pipes of the sprayer through the small shank from underneath the sink right into the faucet body.
- Step 6: Connect the pipes to the body and fasten the plugs.
- Step 7: Then install the faucet to the sink and connect the sprayer to the faucet.
- Step 8: The commercial sprayer itself works as the neck of the faucet. So check the flexibility of the sprayer.
- Step 9: Turn on the water supply and check the sprayer functions properly.
And this is how you add a commercial sprayer to a kitchen faucet.
How to add aerator sprayer to kitchen faucet?
Aerator sprayers are effortless to install and the easiest to use. They can be added to a kitchen faucet using the following steps.
- Step 1: Take a plier and a piece of cloth
- Step 2: Your faucet might have an aerator in itself. Remove it using the plier and cloth.
- Step 3: depending upon the type of thread on your faucet, place washers on the aerator sprayer
- Step 4: then screw the sprayer to the faucet using your hand
- Step 5: Lastly, check the flow of water.
And this is how you add an aerator sprayer to a kitchen faucet.
A sprayer increases the functionality of a simple kitchen faucet with many folds. And they are user-friendly and easy to install. Add a sprayer to your kitchen faucet and see the difference by yourself.